Enform H2S Alive is an eight hour course that is recognized by every company involved in the upstream oil and gas industry.
The H2S Alive course is regarded as adequate training by Oil Companies that require workers & contractors to have Hydrogen Sulphide training. Students who successfully complete the requirements of the course will receive a 90 day temporary wallet size certificate and about four weeks later a plasticized card from Enform that expires in 3 years.
The H2S Alive course (Sixth Edition) includes sections on
- Properties of H2S
- H2S Locations
- Health Hazards
- Initial Response Strategy
- Approved Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Supplied Air Breathing Apparatus (SABA)
- Pre-Use Inspection of Breathing Apparatus
- Wearing and Operating Breathing Apparatus
- After-Use Inspection of Breathing Apparatus
- Detector Tube Devices
- Operating Detector Tube Devices
- Electronic Monitors
- Rescue Techniques
- Case Studies
Effective learning is validated by practical evaluations where competency with all the equipment must be shown and also by a short answer written exam. Instructors take great care to ensure that everyone achieves the 70% that is required to pass the written exam. Oral exams or help with writing can be arranged.
NOTE. Trinity Safety also offers an H2S Awareness course designed for the worker who is at risk of H2S exposure but does not work in the upstream oil and Gas sector (Farm, Water treatment & mining)